Thursday, June 18, 2009

False Labor or Is It?

So, last night I awoke with contractions, around 1:30 AM. I had already been awakened by the HORRIBLE thunderstorm that was raging outside our windows, especially after the power had flickered three times! It was the same scenario that transpired with Cooper..."David, I'm having a contraction" to which David rolled over and gave me his hand to hold. This was it! He was coming, we just needed to time them and then call the doctor. TONS of things were going through my mind- do we go ahead and call someone to come over and stay with us until we go to the hospital so that they can stay with Cooper? Do we go ahead and call family so that they are on alert? Do we call the doctor yet? Oh crap, there is a thunderstorm! What if we get struck by lightening (I never said these were all rational thoughts)? Then, about 4:00 AM the contractions died down and eventually stopped. I drifted off to sleep, somewhat thinking that they might come back at any moment, but woke up later this morning disappointed. I guess he was just making a practice run. It is funny how you forget about what labor feels like until it happens again- there was a moment of panic- with the first, I didn't set myself up for any expectations, didn't worry about the pain, just went with the flow. After having done it natural before, I now know what to expect and I'm not going to lie, I was a little scared. But, no need to worry. I did it before, I can do it again- just waiting on the real deal to happen.....

2 comments:

Allison D said...

He's gonna make you wait till Father's Day! oh, and girl..you are much more a woman then I am with this natural child birth stuff. You're a superstar.

Renee said...

I agree with Allison...SUPERSTAR!! Good luck with everything.

Newborn Cooper

Newborn Cooper

Home from the hospital

Home from the hospital

Funny Face

Funny Face

8 Weeks Old!

8 Weeks Old!

Greetings! Welcome to the blog spot for Ashley, David, Cooper and Zachary Wells!! We hope this will be a good place for our family and friends to keep up with us (well,keep up with the kids since they are the main attraction right now!). Feel free to view our pics, read our stories and leave a message!!


Believe it or not, this was taken in the pitch black dark when Cooper was 'supposed' to be going night night. David crept in to see what he was up to...


He loves to stand and play the music on the play station; really he just beats it to death...

My second GA game with Uncle Allen!

My first GA game!

The sign says, 'Cooper Wells 7 Months'

These are the cutest jeans ever! I love this outfit.